Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Favorite Birthday Meal - Lasagna

For as long as I can remember, my Grandma has made homemade lasagna for my birthday.
Whenever anyone asks what is my favorite food, I answer without fail, "Lasagna."
This is called One Step Lasagna, so it is simple, which I love.
It is made with 3 different kinds of cheese, which I love even more.


This is Grandma's One Step Lasagna
Please make and love as much as I do

Ingredients:
1 jar meat flavored spaghetti sauce-26.5 oz 
1 3/4 cups water
1 box lasagna noodles
15 oz. ricotta cheese
12 or 16 oz mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
Combine spaghetti sauce and water in bowl.  Cover bottom of 9x13 glass baking dish with approx. 1 1/2 cups of sauce mixture.  Arrange layer on uncooked noodles slightly overlapping on top of the sauce.  Spread with half of the ricotta and half of the mozzarella.  Sprinkle with 2 tbsp. parmesan.  Add another layer of sauce.  Repeat with another layer of noodles, the remaining ricotta, mozzarella and two tbsp. sauce and spread evenly to cover edges.  Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of parmesan.  Ever with foil and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour 20 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment